Search for Engineering Manager for US$2.9 billion project
Sirius Minerals is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager for its US$2.9 billion multi-discipline engineering, procurement and construction project. The role, which reports to the Project Director, is essential to the achievement of project outcomes in terms of time, cost and quality.
Sirius Minerals plc is a publicly listed company on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market. The development of its North Yorkshire polyhalite project will make Sirius a world-leading producer of multi-nutrient fertilizer.
The project involves the construction of a state-of-the-art underground mine for the extraction of polyhalite – a unique multi-nutrient fertilizer – along with the necessary above and below ground infrastructure for transport, processing and distribution.
Sirius Minerals is headquartered near the project in Scarborough, on the edge of the magnificent North York Moors. The company has a growing and enthusiastic team of diverse people who are committed to Sirius’ values and who have a determination to deliver extraordinary project performance in the areas of safety, design, construction and ramp-up.
- Manage the project’s multi-disciplinary engineering team including experienced process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, civil and structural engineers;
- Manage an integrated team to deliver effective, efficient and sustainable engineering solutions that are incorporated in the project;
- Coordinate engineering activities to ensure that corporate and project safety in design requirements are met;
- Provide engineering leadership in the areas of maintainability and constructability;
- Manage the engineering scope, including design and tender preparation for construction packages for all activities and rapid response engineering support post-contract award;
- Motivate and provide leadership and development to the engineering team;
- Coordinate and manage internal and external stakeholders to ensure engineering requirements are consistently met;
- Assist Area Project Managers and the Commissioning Manager to deliver project outcomes in terms of time, cost and quality.
Candidates should be degree qualified in an engineering discipline with extensive experience of large materials handling and mining projects. This should include at least five years’ experience delivering engineering team leadership in a client-side role on multi-discipline execution phase engineering, procurement and construction projects of over US$2 billion. Specific experience in large volume materials handling (over 10 Mtpa), especially with overland conveyors, HPGRs and air classifiers, is desirable. The ideal candidate will have a track record of pragmatic innovation and will be able to work closely and collaboratively within the project’s leadership team to maximise the potential of the project. He or she will have the ability to communicate effectively within the team and with external stakeholders. An attractive remuneration package is on offer depending on experience; for more details, or to apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.